Welcome to our new website. I hope this visit here finds you all safe, healthy and well. This website is about you: the men and women that have worked so hard to make this training program what it is today; the instructors that have worked so hard to offer the best possible environment to learn a very complex and evolving profession; the students that have given 110% to be alumni of the LPA; to the support staff from of the police departments and law enforcement agencies that have offered assistance during the course of the past 14 years and to the future student officers that you will be inspired by the past graduates to also have the drive and desire to give 110% effort when you attend the Lowell Police Academy.
The location of the Police Academy is at Middlesex Community College in downtown Lowell. It is a perfect environment to begin your long and rewarding career. President Caroline Cowan, PhD. and the entire staff have welcome us to their campus
The purpose of the Lowell Police Academy is to prepare student officers for employment as law enforcement officers. We provide a challenging academic environment so that all students can enjoy a successful career in law enforcement. In addition we provide a challenging physical and tactical environment in order that all graduates can properly serve their community and protect themselves and the citizens.
The staff of the Lowell Police Academy has a reputation of giving 110% effort in training the student officers. The staff doesn't expect anything less from the members of each class. Many of the graduates have continued this fine work ethic and made a tremendous impact in the law enforcement profession though fine police work.
LOWELL POLICE ACADEMY REUNION
THURSDAY DECEMBER 3RD, 2009
RTE 110, DRACUT, MA
6 p.m. - Cocktail hour
7 p.m. - Hot Buffet Dinner
8 p.m. - Comedian
9 p.m. Dancing to Live Band - Whiskey Tango
Come join fellow graduates from the Lowell Police Academy classes from 1996 to 2008
SPECIAL DAY for Class 99-01 & 99-02
10 YEAR REUNION
Proceeds from the event will be used to help
SUSAN G. KOMEN for the CURE
JUVENILE DIABETES RESEARCH FOUNDATION
LPA graduates will all receive commemorative LPA gifts
And gift certificates to Heroes Uniform and Police Supply Store
$50.00 per person
No tickets will be sold at the door
PLEASE SIGN UP AT Active.com
- The duty of the police is to prevent crime and social disorder.
- The power of the police to fulfill their duties is dependent on their ability to secure and maintain public respect.
- The police should strive to maintain a relationship with the public so that in reality, the police are the people and the people are the police.
- The police must seek and preserve public favor, not by pandering to public opinion, but by demonstrating absolute impartial service.
- The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action dealing with the problems.
- From Sir Robert Peele, Metropolitan Police Act of 1829